Artist: Fred Wesley
Title Of Album: Let It Flow - Tribute to James Brown
Year Of Release: 2010
Label: Major Hana Records
Genre: Jazz / Funk
Bitrate: CBR 192 kbps
Total Time: 39:59 min
Total Size: 55 MB
01. Funk for Your Ass - ft.The New J.B.'s
02. Out of Sight - ft.Djizzle
03. I Got the Feelin' - ft.The New J.B.'s
04. Hippity Hobbit - ft.The New J.B.'s
05. Crazy - ft.The New J.B.'s
06. Livin' In America - ft.ICandi
07. I'm Gonna Getcha - ft.The New J.B.'s
08. Sex Machine - ft.The New J.B.'s
09. Psycho Path - ft.Mr. Hardgroove & Chuck D
10. Let It Flow - ft.Bobby Byrd
About Fred Wesley
One of the music world's most-sampled artists thanks to his work with the Godfather of Soul James Brown, Fred Wesley is one of the key architects of funk music.
Today he fronts his own jazz-funk band, the New JBs, passes his expertise along to students and younger musicians around the world, and lends his fire to assorted artists across a broad musical spectrum.
Born in Mobile, Ala., he began his professional career as a teenage trombonist with Ike and Tina Turner. He was music director, arranger, trombonist and a primary composer for James Brown from 1968-1975, then arranged and played for Parliament-Funkadelic and Bootsy’s Rubber Band. He has played with and arranged for a wide variety of other artists including Ray Charles, Pancho Sanchez, New York Voices, Slide Hampton, Van Morrison, the SOS Band and Cameo, to name a few. Scores of other artists including Janet Jackson ("That's the Way Love Goes") and Nas ("Nastradamus") have sampled his work.
Fred Wesley has no equals in American music. Whether it’s jazz, funk, R&B, blues or other, his solos are always hot.